7 Tips about Utilizing a Chocolate Fountain.
Chocolate fountains are becoming a favorite attraction in parties and other events. Kids and adults alike cannot resist the temptation of dipping different varieties of treats into an overflowing fountain of rich and creamy chocolate fondue.
However, knowing how exactly to use this wonderful chocolate machine will make such a positive change between a mouth-watering dessert and a frustrating mess in your kitchen or buffet table. Learning how to utilize properly also ensures that your party won’t be forgotten. Here are some things that you need to know about employing a chocolate fountain. Mini Chocolate Machine
1. Place the equipment on a powerful and steady surface. Ensure that it is placed on an area that may carry at the least 85 lbs. The equipment itself is light but with the chocolate fondue, fruits, plates and skewers, the entire display could be a lot heavier. In addition, a constant and level surface allows the equipment to perform properly and flow evenly.
2. Plug the equipment using its own circuit. Avoid using an extension cord. If this isn’t possible ensure that no one will trip over the extension cord by properly taping it to the floor.
3. Provide proper ventilation. Typically, there are vent holes on the underside of the machine. Avoid blocking these areas with linen or other materials to stop over-heating.
4. Assemble the fountain according to the user’s manual. But first, remember to clean most of the components before putting everything together. Before pouring chocolate fondue in the primary bowl, test the equipment first without the chocolate to ensure it is in working condition.
5. Melt the chocolate. There are three ways to get this done, in the microwave, on the stove top and in the basin or reservoir. When melting chocolate on a stove top, use a double boiler and place it over a low heat. Constantly stir the chocolate to avoid burning.
If you select to melt the chocolate in a stove, do not allow it running for too long. Set the microwave on low heat, and then place the chocolate in a ‘microwaveable’ bowl. Run the microwave for 30 seconds. Eliminate the bowl, stir and repeat the process and soon you get the specified consistency.
On the other hand, when melting chocolate in the machine’s basin, you will need to stir the chocolate constantly every three to five minutes. Remember that basin melting usually takes up to at least one hour to totally melt the chocolate with regards to the level of chocolate used and how big the machine.
6. Closely monitor the chocolate. Both basin-melted and pre-melted chocolate requires careful monitoring on the very first time that they are poured into fountain. Frequently stir the chocolate and spoon it towards the auger or the center to start the equipment flowing with liquid chocolate.
7. Prepare the dippers.You should use pound cake, marshmallows, cookies dried apricot, meringue, strawberries, banana pieces and more. When utilizing fruits, wash and then dry them up so the chocolate will adhere to them. You also need to ensure that the dippers are cut into bite size pieces so they can be individually skewered.